Scott Newland is an experienced Chief Executive with a proven track record within competitive B2B, e-commerce, retail, property/facilities & commercial sectors who now enjoys managing & consulting across a wide spectrum of varied global Clients. He is a strategic thinker constantly looking to innovate. He brings with him strong all-round leadership & P&L operational management experience. He is an international specialist in ‘Soft Services’ within Facilities Management and advisor on the adoption of IoT in FM to deliver SMART solutions. He is results orientated & profit-focused, with facilities infrastructure planning, IoT & analytical skills.
Beginning his career in the hospitality industry, which spanned 14 years of delivering ‘best in class’ customer experiences; he then naturally developed into devising, procuring and implementing Total Facilities Management (TFM) solutions for global clients across the APAC and EMEA markets for industry sectors ranging from government, financial, retail, commercial, education, health, pharmaceutical and telecommunications.
His unique specialist field is that of ‘soft services’ where his eye for detail, knowledge of the market and desired customer experience coupled with commercial viability brings great value to Client’s portfolios. With that and his 30 years or more of hands-on experience in mobilising global contracts and managing the transition from the bid stage to ‘go-live’ brings confidence and comfort to customers and existing staff members through these challenging times.
More recently Scott has embraced technology; in particular, SMART technologies, and is positioning himself to be a thought leader in the fields of IoT and AI in FM and is advising organisations on how best to integrate these into their operating practises.
Scott’s approach is to integrate himself into his Client’s business and culture to ensure that he fully understands their working environment so that he can then add the most value to the customer’s project and has done this successfully over many years and his achievements include:-
- Chief Operating Officer for ECS covering 38 countries across Europe with an accumulated turnover of 3.9 billion Euros and delivered through 17 Shareholders/Partners with direct staff in excess of 150,000
- Carrying out a full operational, financial & contractual audit of a Facilities, Procurement & Administration department for a Global Bank and implement the necessary change management strategy
- Creating a framework of SLAs & KPIs for measuring both in-house and external service provider performance
- Carrying out full procurement exercise for the whole supply chain utilising the ARIBA platform where the total spend was +/-£35million and achieved 10% in savings
- Taking an organisation losing £2.5million per annum to breakeven in 18 months
- Consulting to a company to manage it to ISO accreditation whilst migrating to SAP
- Managing the start-up process for a company simultaneously across 5 countries
- Mobilise a global TFM contract across APAC & EMEA
Scott has a passion for optimising cross-border operational & business solutions. He actively promotes collaborative working, allowing data management and sharing of information by all partners to lead to better-informed decision-making, clarity, improved communication and, overall, better business outcomes.
Title: IoT-LCM-FM for Business Operation Excellence
The challenges and opportunities which the FM industry is now facing with the adoption, or not, of SMART technologies and innovations which are utilising the ‘Internet of Things’ (IoT) to derive added value and potential savings and new revenues for their client’s property portfolios.
The ‘Artificial Intelligence’ (AI) and the associated ethics and challenges are identified as: -
- Tight margins; staying profitable whilst preparing for tomorrow
- Training: skills gap
- Hiring the right people
- Clear strategy
- Control your own agenda
- Act fast
- Ethics and responsible AI
SMART, IOT, Artificial Intelligence, Sensors, Innovation